Tuesday, December 26, 2006

10 Ways to Destroy Stress and Anxiety

Let’s face it. Wouldn’t you like a life with the peace of mind that comes from knowing how to find stress relief? Is it as easy as just finding ways to relax?

Here are my best Lori Prokop Tips on how can you get rid of stress and anxiety and have peace of mind? Here’s how.

1) Down Easy. When you feel your muscles tightening from stress and anxiety, make a choice to relax. Years ago at one of my first speaking events I found stress relief from a seasoned member of the stage crew who said, “Lori Prokop, here’s how I relax.” This is what he told me to get rid of my stress and anxiety.
Imagine yourself as a rubber band stretched tightly. Relax and just let go. You will see how quickly the rubber band finds its own stress relief and comes back into its normal shape. Upon your direction, your muscles and body do the same thing and find their stress relief.

2) Breathe. I find when I feel stress and anxiety, I breathe shallowly. When I am at events, and especially if I am feeling stress and anxiety, people remind me, “Lori Prokop, you need to find stress relief and peace of mind. Breathe!”

Here is the Lori Prokop Peace of Mind Technique. I’m not saying that I, Lori Prokop, invented it. I am saying it is one of the ways I use to relax and get rid of stress and anxiety.

To find peace of mind imagine being surrounded with pure air. Breathe peace in. Breathe stress and anxiety out. Notice how much more pure and unique the peaceful air smells. Breathe in peace again. Breathe out stress and anxiety. Repeat as desired.

3) One-Minute Peace of Mind. At times the world can be moving so fast we forget to relax, take a break and find stress relief. Many people who experience stress and anxiety have a challenge with slowing down and finding peace of mind for any length of time.

If this is you, start with the Lori Prokop One-Minute Peace of Mind Technique.

Just stand still for one minute. Look at something beautiful or read a quote for one minute. Spread these through your day and see how many minutes of stress relief you can accumulate.

4) Lori Prokop One-Minute Relax. Here is quick stress relief and one of many great ways to relax.

To get rid of stress and anxiety, sit for a moment or longer if you choose. Relax and extend your feet on the floor in front of you and feel the stress and anxiety leave your body.

For maximum stress relief, place your head back on the headrest. Raise your arms in front of you. Then permit them to gently fall towards and rest on the top of your thighs. Feel the stress relief and peace of mind.

5) Mind Trip. Right now for peace of mind, picture the most pleasurable place you have ever been or seen. Multiple times each day, return in your mind to this place and experience the healing peace of mind feelings. When I do this, I imagine a beautiful lake with a sign saying, “Welcome, Lori Prokop.” Instantly I have peace of mind and stress relief.

6) Peace. Melt away stress and anxiety by imagining what peace of mind feels like. Feel peace flowing through your mind and body. For stress relief, I say to myself, “Lori Prokop, I am peace. I feel my body moving from stress and anxiety to relaxation.” You can do the same and feel peace of mind.

7) Remove. Every morning and evening remove thoughts of stress and anxiety. See these thoughts flowing out and peace of mind flowing in.

8) Say. A spiritual healer once said to me, “Lori Prokop, words heal, especially words such as relax, tranquility, peacefulness, restfulness, serenity.” Pick words that relax you. Repeat them throughout your day.

9) Time. Here is one of the top Lori Prokop Ways to Relax. Each day spend 10 minutes in quite. Use this to empty your mind, as best you can, of thoughts or stress and anxiety. If you find it challenging to experience peace of mind for 10 minutes, then try one minute each hour of the day. If you find it challenge to find peace of mind at all then use this time to read a book with a healing message.

10) Three. For maximum stress relief, upon rising in the morning and turning in for the evening, I say three times to myself, “Lori Prokop, 100% pure love and light is with me, guiding me and helping me.” Try doing the same.

There you have 10 ways to relax and melt away stress and anxiety. So go ahead and use these Top10 Lori Prokop Stress Relief and Peace of Mind Techniques right now.

No comments: